I was looking for an application which will periodically retrieve stock prices for companies in Indian stock market. Unfortunately I couldn’t find one. I created an Adobe AIR application, which will periodically retrieve stock prices and other details for companies.
1. Maintain list of companies to follow: Search for companies and add them to persistent list
2. Auto refresh: Automatically retrieves data for stocks in the list. Auto refresh can be disabled
3. Alerts: Configure application to alert you when a particular company’s stock value either changes or decreases/increases beyond a value
4. Details: Current price, previous close, percentage change and volume in both BSE and NSE
5. Windowless: Minimized to system tray
You need Adobe AIR runtime to use this application. Get Adobe AIR from this URL http://get.adobe.com/air/
After installing Adobe AIR, download Stock Ticker application at this URL and just double click to install Can be installed on ANY Operating System, thanks to AIR): This application is taken offline due to various reasons.🙂 Please drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in using this application.
Note: If you are using IE to download the application, sometimes the file will be saved with .zip extension. In this case change the file extension to .air and double click to install.🙂
Application screen shots:
Flex and AIR Rocks !!!🙂