Updated for Flash Builder 4 release version🙂
Flash Builder 4 has added Data-Centric Development features which will help you develop Flex applications for BlazeDS Remoting destinations very easily. You can create Flex front end for the Remoting destinations in just couple of clicks.
Flash Builder 4 uses the flex-rds-server.jar file which is added in BlazeDS 4. This jar file is used by Flash Builder 4 to retrieve details of the destinations exposed as Remoting services using BlazeDS. If you are using earlier builds of BlazeDS, you can still use new features in Flash Builder 4 by just copying the required jar file from BlazeDS 4 build.
Just follow the following simple steps to use Data-Centric Development features in Flash Builder 4
- Download BlazeDS 4 binary distribution from this URL Download (4MB)
- Extract the downloaded zip file to a folder
- You will find blazeds.war file inside the extracted folder
- Extract the content from blazeds.war file so that we can use the flex-rds-server.jar file
- Copy the flex-rds-server.jar file which will be found under WEB-INF/lib folder in blazeds.war to your web applications WEB-INF/lib folder
- Copy the Servlet URL mapping and declaration for the RDSDispatchServlet from the web.xml in the blazeds.war file and add to your web application web.xml file. Else copy it from below
Restart your server and start using Flash Builder 4 for your BlazeDS projects as explained in this URL https://sujitreddyg.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/building-flex-application-for-blazeds-remoting-service-using-flash-builder-4/
More articles on how to use Flash Builder 4 – https://sujitreddyg.wordpress.com/flash-builder-4/
Flash Builder 4 is awesome🙂